Friday, June 14, 2013

Last day of school...how do we keep kids motivated?

What can we do to keep our students motivated on the last day of school?  I ask myself this question all the time.  I know by the end of the year everyone including administrators need a break from school.  If staff is feeling this way so are the students.

So let's think what would keep us motivated on the last day of school:

  • food
  • ice-cream
  • no work
  • activities
  • guest speakers
  • party
  • water fights (weather permitting)
  • teacher - student sport game
Getting students to come to school on the last day and be motivated I think applies more to the high schools.  Correct me if I'm wrong.  Therefore, teachers have a hard time already motivating high school students on a regular school day.  So what might it look like on the last day? 

Well let me tell you:
  • water fights outside on the field
  • skipping classes
  • horse playing in the halls
  • food fight in the cafeteria
  • pulling the fire alarm
  • and much much more
Help me, because us teachers need to stick together.  What type of motivating strategies have you used on the last few days of school? 

No comments:

Post a Comment