Sunday, October 6, 2013

Adam Spencer

I really like Adam spencer. Maybe it's because he has a Phd in math but chooses to be a morning radio DJ. Or maybe because he is really good at taking complex ideas and making them understandable by most humans (usually in a humorous way). Here is his TED talk on prime numbers. Another great offering is his Book of Numbers where he looks at all the mathematical properties (and oddities) of the first 100 numbers.
http://www.ted.com/talks/adam_spencer_why_i_fell_in_love_with_monster_prime_numbers.html

From YouTube 

From the TED Site

3 comments:

  1. It is fun to see someone so enthused about Math. Since being done with timed test for addition and subratction facts and later multiplication and division, I have loved Math so this is something I would check out ordinarily but Adam Spencer's enthusiasm will help him reach people who are not into Math. He makes it easy to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before watching this video I never asked myself what was the biggest prime number that we know for sure it is prime!
    I always believed that was a big number. How big? Now I know!

    Very well done presentation. I liked a lot.

    ReplyDelete