Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Pinterest as our new search engine

Remember the days when we would have to plan every activity on our own, or according to the teacher resource guide? Or when we wanted something and googled ideas?
Welcome to Pinterest, the newest and best blog/search engine where you are able to crease virtual boards according to your interests, needs or likes.

I use Pinterest religiously, and definitely look at it on a daily basis, either for random education ideas, diy's or fun images. Pinterest has rapidly expanded and invented innovated strategies to search for anything and everything you need.

To pin you need an account, but to just search and see ideas you can google it. In regards to math, teachers post (or pin) a variety of different lessons, resources, ideas, especially hands on and creative lessons.
If I just google "pinterest differentiated math", you get a variety of different boards people have created where they pinned ideas about differentiating math instruction.
Ex. https://www.google.ca/search?q=pinterest+differentiated+math+&oq=pinterest+differentiated+math+&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i64.3952j0j7&sourceid=chrome&es_sm=122&ie=UTF-8

You can pretty much search any strand, specific expectation or random idea about math instruction into the search engine and VIOLA!

Enjoy!!

Ps. Also check out this amazing whole pinterest page made just for teachers!! It divides everything by Grade, classroom management, writing, math, etc.
http://www.pinterest.com/teachers/

HAPPY PINNING!

4 comments:

  1. Pintrest makes it simple and easy for teachers to share and find resources. I love how it creates little communities of users.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pintrest is really great! I love that some people in our class have already started Trig boards etc. I like Teachers Pay Teachers too and there is lots of great stuff on Edugains. Now that we know about Gizmos Exchange and so many great Math websites I feel like we have so many resources at our finger tips!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that Pinterest is a great resource for teachers. I am a visually learner and this site caters to people like me. I see a photo of the end result or idea before I decide to pin it or browse the content. Many times while searching the internet for a resource or idea, your search results generate an endless list that takes time to browse or find what you originally were looking for. Pinterest makes the visual the first image you see. Thank you for the teacher board, I immediately added the grades and subject I teach to my profile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank gosh for Pinterest!! Pinterest has helped me create easy, engaging and effective lessons for my students, at both the elementary and secondary level that I tutor.

    ReplyDelete