Thursday, November 8, 2018

Geometry Snacks

Geometry Snacks

I was intrigued by a geometry question I saw on  Twitter which credited authors, Ed Southwell and Vincent Pantaloni.  Geometry Snacks is a great mathematical puzzle book with many geometrical figures that will lead the student through several complex challenges.  The problems are fun, increase in complexity and allow students to see how many approaches one can use to solve a problem.  The first questions could be used to challenge elementary and middle school students, whereas the latter challenges involve the application of higher level mathematics and logic.  Once a student has solved the problem, the authors also provide further challenges. The rich geometric vocabulary makes this little pocket book, an excellent resource for teachers of Mathematics.


A Sample Question for Geometry Snacks as presented by blogger and author Presh Talwalker.



2 comments:

  1. I love questions like this to generate thinking. I will have to look into this resource. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this resource! I think this is a really fun way to incorporate daily math that doesn't necessarily seem like work. I will definitely be looking more into this!

    ReplyDelete