Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Math Worksheets

Many educators are trying to stay away from the old work sheet math lessons. I would completely agree that math lessons need a makeover, however, sometimes we need a worksheet for our class. I found this website while running a math club in one school, the website is called worksheet works.

http://www.worksheetworks.com/

The students I had in this club loved to every couple of weeks do a mad minute math facts sheet. Yes that's right, they ASKED for them. They liked to challenge themselves each time to see if they had improved their mental math facts. Having students over ranging grades and abilities it was time consuming to make up several sheets at different levels and content. That is when I came across this website.

It allows you to make many different types of worksheets such as math facts, word searches, maps and more. So it is handy for much more than math. I love it for math because I can specify what types of operations I want on the worksheet, the range of numbers it will include as well as what style the questions will be written in. Now, in a matter of a few minutes I can have multiple sheets at different levels and operations to be available for the students.

1 comment:

  1. This is an excellent website! I wish I would have known about this site during my practicums this year as it would have been an excellent resource to be able to provide students with extra practice questions. I tried to create a few worksheets and I really enjoyed how there are so many options available to click for each concept that they can be catered to exactly what you may be teaching that day. My only question is, if you clicked the same options in order to provide more practice to students, would the worksheets generate the same questions? Or is there are huge pool of questions that they create the worksheets from?

    I look forward to trying these worksheets! Great find!

    ReplyDelete