Friday, May 24, 2013

DragonBox, does it really do what it says it will do...


I was doing some work on my Math AQ course and I came across a post that someone has made about an app called, "DragonBox." It is available on iTunes for the iPad or computer and they advertise/market it as a tool to teach children as young as the age of 4 about the basics of Algebra.


I am a firm believer of technology and its many benefits as a teaching tool in today's environment. What I am upset about is the fact that when I went to go download the app that there was a $5.99 - $9.99 price tag on this depending on which version you got. Not to mention, will there be other in-app purchase options that come along with this that I don't know about yet? How about a free trial version?

I am not going to purchase this until I do a little more research. I would have like the chance to at least try it to actually see if my kids/students would like and benefit from it. I am being very careful about buying apps these days, it is not like our regular everyday shopping where if we are not satisfied with it we can easily return the product. This DragonBox app boast so much on their site about how great it is and that it could solve all your difficulties about learning Algebra with a fun game, but is this marketing and advertising at it's finest...or does this app really does what it says it will do...?

All in all, my gut feeling says that this apps will work...but I'm not all about the fancy marketing/advertising that they are doing.

We will see how this goes and I will keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment