Tuesday, May 28, 2013

IXL: Great Math website

I came across a great math site the other day and it is IXL.com and I thought I would share it on this blog. IXL is a comprehensive math website geared towards the primary level all the way up to grade 10 students. What's great about it is that you are able to test drive the site for a free 30-day trial just to get the feel of it. With the free trial I was able to use it in a classroom during a lesson and the students caught on right away and were able to get back to their computers and start the lessons on their own.

What's great about this site is that the lessons are tied to the Ontario Curriculum. The site also has an options to create dynamic reports based on such options as the class, grade, or drill down to an individual student to see their progress. These reports are very helpful as they help to identify the gaps in the students learning's and another great thing is that these reports can be shared with students and parents.

Being a website, this type of resource can be easily accessed outside of school hours and students are able to work on them outside of the classroom.

Overall I think this has to be one of the best math websites that I have come across that is comprehensive and geared around the Ontario Curriculum. I would definitely use this in a classroom again as I have already seen initially successes with it during my first run with it.





No comments:

Post a Comment