Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Stress Relief



I know a lot of posts tend to be student centered and, why not, we are the teachers.  Our students hang on our every word and follow directions properly the first time without any question.
...

Now that you've come back from that brief visit to fantasy land, lets take a moment to enjoy a view of what it's like to be a teacher sometimes....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdxEAt91D7k

Teachers, while this is a parody, It would be hard to argue that this is what teaching a lesson feels like.  Comment, share and de-stress some of your most frustrating moments.  It's like therapy, without the punching bag.

2 comments:

  1. It is a funny video but, it is true sometimes teaching a lesson feels like that. Sometimes you show students the correct answers but still can not get it. It is frusterating when it comes to this simple problems but this is reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I honestly laughed watching this video. It was funny to see how the teacher was getting so frustrated trying to teach the student such a simple concept. Where it might be easy for us the teacher to see and understand but, not for the student. Hearing it from a kids voice but in an adult body was interesting. I am sure students mock us teachers and sense when teachers are frustrated when trying to teach. As an educator, do want to be seen as a teacher who has no patience. I don't think so!

    I know there have been many times when I have felt frustrated during a lesson. I think the best thing to do in situation like this is to re-evaluate how I am teaching the lesson. It is important to figure out a way on getting the concept across to students differently or more creatively so that they are engaged.

    Don't get me wrong there have been many times when I catch myself frustrated during a lesson.

    ReplyDelete