Sunday, July 6, 2014

Financial Literacy made easy!

So I was searching around the internet looking for something interesting to post here, and low and behold I found it! 

The Inspire Financial Learning website is an amazing resource! 

http://www.inspirefinanciallearning.ca/index.php/teachers/

There is a section for teachers, parents, and students. 

I looked into the teacher section, and there are many interactive videos, games, lesson plans and more! 

What I found very helpful was a chart about the curriculum connections to financial literacy for grades 4 - 12. Check it out: 

Financial Literacy Concept Map

This chart makes it very easy to include real-world situations in your math class. 

What I like most about this site, is that it involves parents, students, and teachers. I feel because its accessible to all parties involved, there is a higher chance of learning engagement for all. 

I really like how this site gets kids to think about their future and what being financially literate can really do for them. 

I highly recommend it!

-Lindsay

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Lindsay, what an incredible resource! I spent quite a bit of time on the site and was really impressed with the resources they have. I believe that financial literacy is one of the areas where students need to be much more knowledgeable. This is such a great resource to support that objective. I really like that the site is multipurpose and you can use the site as a teacher, as a parent or as a student. Thanks for sharing this. Its now safely tucked away in my bookmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that this is a great site. I love that there are so many resources online to help make math more interesting and relevant. The only concern I have is putting it all together to maximize my lessons. It is still so easy to use the resources that we currently use and know and it is a challenge to add these things into our veryday teaching, but it is so worth it for our students.

    ReplyDelete