Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Textbook Video


Hi everyone,
When I was exploring the world of Twitter (which is very new to me as I never feel like I have the time), I came across this video that Kyle Pierce had tweeted.  I just wanted to share it in light of all the discussions we have had about technology and iPads.  It's funny and makes fun of how silly and cumbersome textbooks are when you can use a device such as an ipad that can carry the same information!!  Something to think about considering where our jobs are headed!  I just got a new iPad for my classroom so here we go...


Thanks,
Katie Chiasson

2 comments:

  1. This video is cute! I have a niece in highschool who was on crutches and let me tell you she would have loved to have had all her textbooks on the iPad! She had a hard time getting around in general much less with a backpack full of heavy textbooks. Not only that but how many times have we heard "oh I couldn't do my homework I forgot my textbook at school" or even how many times I've had to drive one of my own kids back to school and hope there was still someone there so my kids can get their forgotten textbooks. I myself and old school and I love to have the book in front of me so that I can flip back and for to what I need, but the technology is there and I'm sure we won't have to wait too much longer before it becomes a reality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this video to be very true to today's society.
    When teaching students this year, many complained about having to bring a textbook home because it was heavy. I remember in university going to the library and grabbing a bunch of books for a project. I found it much easier when I could find a book online. I think that books are still needed at some points when teaching in order to teach students how to look up information and reference material. However, with the changing world of technology it is also important to show students how to utilize iPads and how to access material from them.
    Great find, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete