Saturday, May 24, 2014

Math and Art

How many students do you think relate math and art?  Many students who tell me they don't care for math tell me that they are more creative and don't think so logically - how about you?  Well, when I saw this article I thought it was fantastic, as it is all about how math inspires art!  In the Discover magazine, they share math inspired works of art, relating to equations and geometry.  http://discovermagazine.com/2014/april/11-visions-of-math 
Take a look at these examples of art that are a result of math!
What a great way to integrate math into art class, to help recognize its far-reaching boundaries and appreciate its creativity!  Enjoy the other artwork in the article.

2 comments:

  1. Those works of art are amazing! And definitely something I could never create, but it is something to show those who don't define themselves as "a Math student"; maybe a great independent project or learning activity in a Math class too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing! I love to see the patterns. I also like it when I see the patterns in nature. The Fibonacci pattern is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete