Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Math is Fun



I was recently surfing the web (does anyone still say that?) when I came across this website called Math is Fun (Mathsisfun.com). The website begins with a picture of various topics in math such as algebra and geometry and also with resources such as worksheets and games. 


Upon clicking a topic, you are sent to a page with a breakdown of sub topics within it. These are very informative and have full lessons for a student to go through along with many examples. Further down on the first page is also a teacher page which leads to fun activities for your classroom and even quizzes for your students.

I think this is a great resource to have to get the students out of the classroom and also to potentially use for a flipped class lesson. A teacher can direct their students to the appropriate link for them to look over and take notes from as homework and then provide worksheets the following day in class to practice problems and to ensure student understanding.


It is a resource that can help make math fun!

3 comments:

  1. This is a great website. I have used it quite a bit for worksheets and things like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you posted this! I have been regularly supplying for a Math chairperson in my board, and one of his courses is a grade 12 Calclus class. Although I took Calculus in high school and first year university, I can't remember a lot! I actually came across this website when trying to refresh my memory with one of his lessons! I think the explanations are simple, lots of visuals and examples. MANY topics are covered. Not sure what grade it starts at though. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great website! Thank you for posting this. When students have access to resources and technology outside of the classroom they have the opportunity to build on and extend on their current knowledge of a concept. This also allows students to reinforce material during times when they are not in school so they are not lagging behind their peers when they return from summer vacation.

    ReplyDelete